Since 1946, The Fawn Candy Company has been owned and operated by Cincinnati's Guenther family.
In 1946, after returning from World War II, Paul "Pep" Guenther and his wife, Jean, opened a confection shop in Cheviot, Ohio. They started their business by dipping homemade ice cream for area residents. Next they began experimenting with candy making, carrying on a tradition established by Jeans' Greek heritage.
Several years later, the Guenthers moved their candy kitchen and store to their current location on Harrison Avenue.
In 1984, the couple left the business to their four daughters, Kathy, Jackie, Jean and Jane. Pursuing the sweet taste of success the daughters opened another store at Rookwood Pavilion.
The sisters continue to keep it a family tradition, making the confections the old fashioned way. Selecting only the finest of ingredients and continuing to cook many of their confections over an open fire. Fawn Candies are always fresh because they continue to to make small batches in their candy kitchen daily.
Fawn Candy today is still being run by the girls and they have welcomed their children, their nieces and nephews and grandchildren to continue on the family tradition.